Mozart’s Symphony No. 39
- July 05, 2023Wednesday - 8:00 PM VIEW TICKETS
Bookended with works that highlight the brilliance and range of Mozart, this concert begins with a charming divertimento that sparks a sense of celebration, thanks to its interweaving melodies and playful rhythms. Strauss’ Oboe Concerto—performed by the symphony’s Principal Oboe Zac Hammond—reveals rich harmonies that allow the notoriously difficult solo oboe to shine, while the hauntingly beautiful string lines of Dvorák’s Nocturne evoke a sense of tranquility and introspection. Concluding the evening, Mozart’s Symphony No. 39 is a masterpiece that exemplifies the composer’s genius with expressive (and sometimes contradictory) melodies, connecting to and complementing each other with surprising ease.
Season Ticket Packages/VIP/Group Tickets On Sale: March 23, 2023
Single Tickets On Sale: April 19, 2023
MOZART: Divertimento for String Orchestra
STRAUSS: Concerto for Oboe & Orchestra
DVORÁK: Nocturne for String Orchestra
MOZART: Symphony No. 39
PLAN YOUR VISIT
FOOD AND DRINK:
- With the exception of bottled water, food and drink are not permitted inside St. Mary’s Church.
- Concessions will be available at the venue.
- Free parking is available at the venue and wraps around the church.
- Carpooling is strongly recommended to help alleviate traffic congestion.
- Please do not park in the surrounding neighborhood—you will be ticketed.
- After the performance, turn left through the neighborhood to get onto the main road so you don’t have to turn left onto SR224.
- The Ticket Office will open in the church lobby starting at 6PM.
- Seating will open approximately 30-45 minutes before the concert begins.
- Please arrive early for best seating options—seating is General Admission.
- If you arrive late, you’ll be seated at an appropriate interval in the performances so as not to disturb other patrons.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Have your plans changed? Tickets may be exchanged to another Deer Valley Music Festival performance up to 24 hours before the performance begins. There is a $5/ticket exchange fee; the fee is waived for season-ticket holders.
- Children younger than five years of age are not admitted to St. Mary’s performances. No babes in arms.
- Prices, programs, artists, and dates are subject to change.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM TICKET FRAUD:
- The only official ticket outlets for this performance are Utah Symphony | Utah Opera or ArtTix. We strongly recommend you refrain from purchasing tickets via third party and fraudulent ticket sellers. These tickets are often sold at a price much higher than face value, and tickets sold through a third party may not carry the same service guarantees as those sold through official outlets. Please call USUO Patron Services at 801-533-NOTE (6683) with questions about ticketing outlets. Patrons who have been defrauded by third-party ticket sellers are strongly encouraged to file a complaint with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection.