- June 30, 2023Friday - 7:30 PM VIEW TICKETS
Our Independence Day tribute features a world premiere! Gershwin’s jazzy Rhapsody in Blue has been iconic since its debut in 1924, and nearly 100 years later, Peter Boyer has composed a new work in celebration of the centennial. Pianist Jeffrey Biegel, who dreamed up the project, performs both—unveiling Boyer’s Rhapsody in Red, White, and Blue in Utah before it tours across the United States. Also featuring Gershwin’s Suite from Porgy and Bess, music from John Williams, a Sousa march, and more, this salute to the U.S.A will have you seeing stars!
Season Ticket Packages/VIP/Group Tickets On Sale: March 23, 2023
Single Tickets On Sale: April 19, 2023
SMITH/KEY: Star Spangled Banner
PETER BOYER: Celebration Overture
LOWDEN: Armed Forces Salute
JOHN WILLIAMS: Cowboys Overture
PETER BOYER: Rhapsody in Red, White, and Blue (World Premiere)
GERSHWIN/R.R. BENNETT: Suite from Porgy and Bess
GERSHWIN/: Rhapsody in Blue
SOUSA: Stars and Stripes Forever
PLAN YOUR VISIT
FOOD AND DRINK:
- Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted into the venue.
- Outside food and factory-sealed, non-alcoholic beverages are allowed at the venue.
- Outside beverages that are not factory sealed in their containers will be disposed of at the entrance.
- All bags and coolers are subject to search prior to entering the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater.
- Bringing an empty water bottle? Water filling stations are available throughout the venue near each restroom.
- Pack your picnics or grab a bite at one of the concession outlets at the venue.
- There are beverage tents within the venue that offer a selection of cold beverages, including beer and wine, for concert guests.
- Gourmet picnic baskets are available to order in advance through Deer Valley.
TRAVEL & PARKING:
- FREE parking is available at the venue. You may need to walk up to a half-mile from the parking lot to the entrance, but may use the passenger drop-off zone in front of the Ticket Office.
- Carpooling is strongly recommended to help alleviate traffic congestion. If you would like to park in town and not have to worry about traffic in and out of the venue, Park City Transit is available to pick up and drop off concertgoers at the Deer Valley Resort
- Gates open to the public at 6 PM – Arrive early for the best seating! Our Volunteers are ready to help point out the best available options when you arrive.
- Chairs are provided in the Reserved and Accessible seating sections. Outside chairs can be brought in and used anywhere in General Admission but must be lower than 9” from the base of the chair to the ground. Chairs are measured upon entrance, and those that do not meet the height restrictions will not be allowed into the venue. A limited number of chairs are available to rent at the venue, but will sell out quickly. Rentals cost approximately $7 per chair and are arranged on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The venue is a ski hill and may be difficult for some patrons to walk up. There are a few sections with limited views due to grading. Tarps are not permitted on the hill in order to protect the grass.
- If you selected e-tickets, they will be visible within the USUO app starting 72 hours prior to the performance. You can find more information about downloading and navigating the app here.
- We recommend opening the tickets in the app prior to arriving at the venue, as mobile connections can be a bit spotty up on the hill. If you are unable to open your e-tickets on the app, please visit the on-site Ticket Office for physical copies of your tickets prior to the performance.
ITEMS ALLOWED TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE VENUE:
- Picnics and coolers: All bags and coolers are subject to search
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic containers (32 oz. or less)
- Empty, reusable water bottles; e.g., Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, aluminum bottles (32 oz. or less)
- Chairs that sit less than 9 inches off the ground
- Umbrellas and shade covers (must be taken down before the concert begins)
ITEMS PROHIBITED FROM BEING BROUGHT INTO THE VENUE:
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana, and illegal drugs
- Non-alcoholic beverages that are not in factory-sealed containers
- Camping chairs
- Ground stakes
- Glass containers
- Flash photography or professional camera equipment
- Animals (service animals are welcome)
- Weapons of any kind (e.g. guns, knives, chains, studded/spiked jewelry)
- Remote controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles, drones)
- No Smoking allowed
- The playbill is available on the US|UO mobile app and online.
- Temperatures drop significantly when the sun goes down.
- A blanket or jacket is highly recommended or can be purchased at the Gift Shops on the hill.
- For additional tips on making the most of your concert experience, please visit our FAQ.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Have your plans changed? Tickets may be exchanged to another Deer Valley Music Festival performance up to 24 hours before the performance begins. There is a $5/ticket exchange fee; the fee is waived for season-ticket holders.
- Children 3 years of age and under are free in the General Admission section. No ticket is required.
- Items brought into the venue prior to the gate opening time will be removed.
- Unattended items left in line outside the entrance gate will be removed.
- No refunds. Prices, programs, artists, and dates are subject to change. Rain or Shine.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM TICKET FRAUD:
- The only official ticket outlets for this performance are Utah Symphony | Utah Opera or ArtTix. We strongly recommend you refrain from purchasing tickets via third party and fraudulent ticket sellers. These tickets are often sold at a price much higher than face value, and tickets sold through a third party may not carry the same service guarantees as those sold through official outlets. Please call Utah Symphony | Utah Opera Patron Services at 801-533-NOTE (6683) with questions about ticketing outlets. Patrons who have been defrauded by third-party ticket sellers are strongly encouraged to file a complaint with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection.
- Please contact USUO Patron Services at 801-533-NOTE (6683), Monday through Friday, 12 PM to 6 PM.